Sunday, January 12, 2014

 Pastor explodes with January conviction this morning.  Follow, remain, obey, produce, love: disciple verbs... and there hidden in life-changing text is joy, overflowing joy!
Remain in My Love and you will spill joy. Not a formula or suggestion...an order from the King. Love that has sacrifice written all over it! 

 Oh Jesus, I've laid down my dreams, my plans, my life with Rob and that kind of love bleeds.
"I know," He whispers.
But, Lord, I don't know if I have that kind of energy to pour into others right now.
Again, he speaks, "I know.   I give you another set of verbs: connect, plug, empty, confess, trust, cling. Have you forgotten I AM the Power Source? Remain in me and hard love and pure joy will begin to flow again."

2 comments:

Robin said...

I love the NLT translation... John 15:11 I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!

cal+claire said...

I thought of you during the sermon and sent up a prayer for you in that moment