Saturday, January 25, 2014

Memories of a first date flood my heart today. 43 years ago a cute blonde boy picked me up for the first of many, many dates.  A friend's church basketball game on a school night...  I don't remember the game at all, but half-time, walking hand in hand around the school grounds is seared in my memory. Conversation flowed as naturally as clasping his warm, safe hand...talk of dreams and goals shattered any nervousness and I knew. This teen boy would grow into his adult conviction and I wanted nothing more than to venture alongside him. Yes, that first date and a life-long love affair was sealed that cold, January weeknight with the sweetest of goodnight kisses. 
Jesus, would you tell my Rob "Happy Anniversary" today and hold me tight as I remember without him?

No comments: