Thursday, February 20, 2014

Holding On

Handed off Rob's car to his son 
last Sunday
Not gone forever, but its absence makes for a lonely driveway
A well-worn steering wheel
Can you see?
A man gripping on mile after mile
Yes, Rob held on, didn't he? 
Held on to his God until the very end
New loss rears all too often 
these days
Will I hold on?
So do not lose the courage you had in the past, which has great reward. You must hold on, so you can do what God wants and receive what He has promised. Hebrews 10:35-36
Grief counselor entreats, 
"Lean into your grief" 
Doesn't that require a tighter grip?
I sing it over and over
I am
holding on to You
I am
Holding on to You
In the middle of the storm
I am 
holding on 
I am
Yes, I Am, Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh,
 The Great I Am that I Am
I see it clearly 
I Am!
I might
Loosen my grip
Fear not
I Am!
 holding on 
mile after mile



I am written by David Crowder and Ed Cash




No comments: