Thursday, February 27, 2014

Memories

Walking through the house, I hear strains of Simon and Garfunkle coming from the TV.
Harmonious sound of.. .
"Time it was and what time it was .
It was a time of innocence, a time of confidences.
Long ago, it must be. I have a photograph.
Preserve your memories, they're all that's left you..."
Paul and Art, you have it only  partially correct. Yes, the photographs remind me over and over of a beautiful history, but I still look into the eyes of many and see rich memories of a life well lived; I treasure wonderful moments of the past in the relationships my husband built. Rob, you remain in the now and the future because of the way you poured yourself into your family and friends. If a picture is worth a thousand words, how much more is a life?  

No comments: