Saturday, December 6, 2014


I have followed Kara's journey for many months. Today's post, Today, few words are necessary, causes me to relive Rob's infusion days. I'm lost for words; watching one man's courageous battle still rips at my heart!  I'll never know if he realized my torment as he was poked and prodded, as poison designed to prolong his life ran through his weakened veins and as he was consumed with nausea and pain.  I captured only three photos on the chemo unit; I wasn't brave enough to aim my camera. 
July 11, 2013
We are full of hope this first day of the trial. We believe God can wipe out the cancer cells with one mighty command, yet, we pray this experimental cocktail might be part of His perfect plan.
August 1, 2013
Rob has battled through one round of horrendous side effects. Here he waits and knows what is to come.
 

September 19, 2013

All of the trials have failed. Rob is too sick.
We retreat to old chemo agents with a poor trajectory. Rob perseveres; he has a grand baby to meet.
Today, I'm reminded of our dear friend, Ryan Denison; he, too, braved those long hours with our family.  Ryan, I'll never forget!

My dearest Rob, you remain our hero.



No comments: