Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Quick update on my new favorite read:  If:Trading Your If Only Regrets for God's What If Possibilities

One of the other team members asked if  IF was wrecking anyone else in the best way?  Yes, yes, yes...every chapter!
IF reminds me of the Book of Proverbs: succinct, rapid fire bullets of wisdom that are transforming my daily walk with Christ.  I tried to do a quick read from cover to cover to get an overall picture of the contents, but that just wasn't going to happen.  When a word artist paints such a rich picture of Romans 8, the reader has to stop and soak it all in. IF is not a theology lesson; it's a beautifully detailed illustration.  And for me, it's been a life changer, one powerful chapter at a time. I'm walking away with new enthusiasm for solid spiritual discipline and a deeper faith. 
I'm hoping some of us will want to do an online discussion group (closed fb group) or a community group so we can share face to face and drink lots of coffee! I've already seen some pretty cool dialogue among the launch group. 

What if you started treating your friends and family as they should be and as they could be? Mark Batterson

No comments: