Monday, September 15, 2014

Cemetery Song

My soul cries out
My soul cries out for you
These bones cry out
These dry bones cry for you
To live and move
Only You 
Can raise the dead
Lift my head

Jesus, You're the one who saves us
Constantly creates us into something new
Jesus, surely you will find us
Surely our Messiah will make all things new
Gungor

Amid this valley of deep grief, these bones cry out.  Can these bones live again?  Oh Sovereign LORD, only You know! I AM, lifter of my head, breathe life back into me again.
Don't let me decay; I must learn to live without Rob! 
This lonely Sunday afternoon, I sit on land reserved for dry bones, feeling a gentle breeze waft over me, staring at inscribed names and plastic flowers, wondering, Will I ever dance again, sing again, love again? Only You know...
Nine months erased from the calendar of my heart; isn't it time for me to rise again? Maybe just some fleeting wish or am I turning the corner?  Though, life looms hard, even still...my soul cries out...help me to see Your goodness in the land of the living...


No comments: