Friday, August 2, 2013

Sometimes God answers with tiny miracles...Last night I recorded the last 10 calories on Rob's food log. 10 calories! And the final tally was a mere 250 calories.  250 calories after a full day of gently coaxing and racking my brain for something to offer that was small, full of calories and healthy?  The verdict: Rob would not die from the cancer, but from starvation. I confess I finally lost it; tears dripping, I announced that startling fact to him, left the the room and let the flood gates open. Can't do this, God. This is too painful! Still pleading with Him, I drifted off to sleep.
This morning, knowing the wrestling match awaited, I shuffled into
the den. Rob sat bent over a bottle of Boost. 350 calories of life-sustaining, high protein, rich chocolate liquid! and a faint smile. 
Yes, God always answers and sometimes with tiny miracles.

No comments: