Monday, August 19, 2013

My dearest Rob,
On the eve of our 37th wedding anniversary, my heart is full of gratitude. You are everything I could  ever ask for in a husband: my provider, leader, counselor, lover, best friend. Even at age seventeen, I saw something special about you and knew my life would be forever changed if I walked this journey with you. And now...You are my hero!  You have spent your entire adult life working hard in order to make me and the kids comfortable; we have lacked for nothing.  You have never had an opportunity to chase new dreams or think about your own needs. You are  always putting others first!  Our plan to walk out this earthly life together seems to have taken an ugly detour, but you have chosen to accept it with dignity, grace and courage.  You continue to teach me in the darkest moments. I continue to walk out those vows, in sickness and in health, with great joy.
 You will always be my forever love!
Robin

No comments: