Friday, May 18, 2018


This photo at our favorite beach popped up on my feed the other day. It was jolting. It marks the last normal month before beginning goodbyes and finding my way without Rob.
What makes the five-year mark so unsettling? Perhaps, because we often count life in intervals of five...and milestones.
Are there milestones in grief?
Yesterday, I had to figure out my home energy plan. I struggled and desperately wanted to defer to Rob.  I'm not sure I made the best financial decision, but I decided to go with a 3-year fixed plan. 
Where will I be in three years? 
Eight years of singular stinks of permanence. Fixed...alone?
I attended my first gala post Rob last night. I entered alone, sat among strangers; it was really hard. I don't feel any stronger for doing so. 
Are there some things better put to rest?
Could I possibly be ready for some real change?





No comments: