Saturday, May 26, 2018

Pastor Duane has been encouraging us to enter Sabbath rest, a time to tune out all the noise and focus on the LORD.  He reminds us that it looks different for each one of us, but it needs to be intentional.
Saturdays seem to work best for me and I'm trying to make Wednesday mornings a midweek break from the chaos as well. All said, it's a lot easier for someone who has raised her kids and retired from the workforce. Even so, I have to make it happen.
I have a beautiful handmade prayer journal, a gift from my dear sister-in-law; it's filled with prayer prompts: quotes from pastors and writers, prayers I've copied, some I've scratched myself.  The pockets are filled with Bible verses I'm memorizing and a running log of prayer requests.
It's such a treasure that helps me focus.
John Piper's thoughts direct my Sabbath rest. 

Consider Jesus. Know Jesus.
Learn what kind of Person it is that you say you trust and love and worship.
Soak in the shadow of Jesus.
Saturate your soul with the ways of Jesus.
Watch Him.  Listen to Him. Stand in awe of Him.
Let Him overwhelm you with the way He is.
                                                                              John Piper

What does your intentional time with God look like?
Let's encourage one another.

No comments: