Sunday, January 18, 2015

Working through this messy journey of grief, I recognize I must deal with my unmet expectations of others.  In order to restore some of the lost intimacy in my upside down world, I naturally turn to relationships in which I am deeply rooted.  But intimacy requires a desire, a commitment from both parties which isn't always realized at the same intersection of life.
 So I begin the hard process of letting go of my plan. I accept that I have no control over the choices others make, but I do have control over my reaction to their choices. I don't have to hang on to hurt and disappointment.  Letting go allows God more room to fill my life with new purpose, passion and people, but mostly, Him.  And if His plans include some of those lives I so dearly cherish...well, then I'll be blessed all the more.

No comments: