Sunday, March 16, 2014

Perhaps this is not the life you expected or trained for. Dave Peterson, did you know my heart before you began to speak this morning? I almost missed the message with my name inscribed all over it, the safety of my bed beckoned to win. But I knew my Aarons and Hurs would hold me up on this gloomy Sunday morning. 
You know there's power in the pews.
I asked the hard questions this week. Is this all there is? What could You possibly have planned for me after life with Rob? How do I start again, LORD?

Jesus presses us into new territory. Yes, Dave, you can say that again!  But, God, there are just so many giants in the land.  Things I've never done, decisions to make, people to trust, so much NEW...
But the One who really fills the pulpit knows exactly what I need.
Get started, keep going, finish the race, keep your eyes on Him.

Oh those lyrics that keep me running. Don't look to the right or to the left. Keep your eyes on Me. I AM the hand to hold, 
Am the Truth, I AM the Way...
Again, I'm reminded of 2 Corinthians 1:4 living.
Perhaps a pioneer, paving the way for others who will eventually join this difficult journey,  just as Jesus prepared the way for me? 
A new joy...In training with the Perfecter, one step at a time.




No comments: