Monday, November 22, 2010

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17
It's that time of year for Mom's turkey and trimmings, and going home to Grandma's. One of my fondest memories is the table filled with pie and cake; not knowing which one to pick!
As I grew older the day turned toward the true meaning of thanksgiving and counting my many blessings. This year I find myself smiling when I think how thankful I am to have such a precious granddaughter. What are you thankful for? Is it a long list? Do you record your blessings so you will remember God's goodness? When we meet this weekend, I hope you will share some of them with the group. Don't you think it's time for a happier subject than all the injustice in the world?
As you take time to thank God for His gifts, I hope you will thank the Giver himself. Sometimes we get caught up in what He gives us, but forget to get "caught up" in Him.
He alone is our perfect gift from above!
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: