Thursday, March 28, 2019


And I removed my wedding rings...
Five and a half years, post goodbye, they have remained in place. They’ve been second skin for over four decades. 
I can’t honestly say they won’t find their way back to my left hand, but today I felt removal was the next step. A big scary leap of faith!
 At the beginning of 2019, I committed to cast off that which hinders me from knowing God in the deepest way. Shortly after, He began to challenge me about my identity. Was it found in career, service, parenting, grandparenting...was it found in my marital status? Was I hiding behind a set of rings?  Would allowing Him to strip away all other identity to be solely rooted in Christ be the very place for God to send me out?   
My rings...
My beautiful white gold security blanket...does this really need to be removed? 
My heart whispers, I think so...

No comments: