Monday, April 27, 2015

I love pottery! My den is dotted with pieces I've collected from friends and travels. Some are treasured gifts from my sister-in-law, Nancy, and young artist friend, Jen. Whenever possible, I inquire about the potter's story; my favorites have been thrown by broken people, artists limping through life with great adversity.
I'm still searching for a piece repaired by kintsukuroi, the ancient Japanese art of repairing broken pottery with gold or silver.  
Often these repaired pieces are more beautiful and valuable than the originals.
Rob's absence has left me in a heap of brokenness, but I'm convinced that the Master Potter is not only picking up the fragile shards, but forming something better with my life. 
This second year might possibly be my kintsukuroi  year, the season He holds this marred, uprooted life in his merciful hands and forms a vessel full of strength and compassion and usefulness.
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.  Psalm 147:3
Behold, I am making all things new.  Rev. 21:5
.




No comments: