Wednesday, August 20, 2014

On our anniversary


To have and to hold...until death do us part.  I recited those words, but never in my wildest dreams did I think there would be an end.
I still don't. 
When I promised to cherish, it was for eternity, no matter what the future might unfold.
Thirty-eight years ago today, to be exact...Today, I pause to keep that forever love alive.  I miss you, Rob, beyond measure. You made the journey, even with all of its bumps and bruises, worth living. Oh, how I planned to grow old with you, to walk together through life's autumn and winter, holding your strong hand. 
I hope you who read this will cling a little tighter to your spouse today, pause from the busyness of the day and speak life into your mate, and simply fall head over heels in love once again...while you have the chance, my friends. Celebrate your marriage...TODAY!
My dearest Rob, I remember our amazing love and carry you deep within my heart. Until I slip my hand in yours once again, Love always, Robin.
Oh, they loved dearly, their souls kissed, they kissed with their eyes, they were both but one single kiss!
Heinrich Heine

No comments: