Saturday, January 14, 2012


                                                                                                                             Sun Flare Photography
Legacy
Each year I bundle all of my goals for the new year into one word.
I've struggled with that this year.
I wrestle with both noun and verb.
Maybe a year can't be squeezed into one set of letters.
The noun....legacy.
Life seems a little shorter these days, the need to record and preserve more urgent.
So, God willing, my days will be guided with the desire to write my story for my family.
My focus will be photos and prayers and past chapters,
But legacy should not be confined to only family.
I sense God laying the foundation for a greater story, the one told for the voiceless.
27 million enslaved.
God whispers, "Tell their story."
Micah 6:8 reminds me what is required of me: to do justice.
Tell the story of injustice.
To be continued...

No comments: