Monday, January 7, 2019



2019
It’s here!
After five years of chaos, change, rebuild of not only my house, but my entire life, I’m ready for some REST. And rest can’t fully come unless I cast off the things that hinder me. To be quite honest, I’ve lived most of my life in the land of “should, should, and more should.”
“I should exercise more, save more money, work harder.” And don’t get me started on the spiritual; the list of should’s rival the 600+ laws in the Old Testament! Prayer, study, quiet time, service, TRUST...should do better. My mind is always on “should.” 
Not this year! I’m cleaning house: casting off the unnecessary, the guilt, the self-imposed pressure of being the best me. 
And the best thought of all, I know exactly on Whom I can throw off all that frees me from a year of worry, chaos, unrest!
Psalm 55:22
Cast your cares on the LORD and He will sustain you; He will not let the righteous be shaken.  
Hebrews 12:1
Let us throw off [cast] all that hinders us...from running a good race. 
2019 
Here I come running! 


No comments: