Friday, April 20, 2012

I just finished the most inspirational book, Found Art, discovering the beauty in foreign places by Leeana Tankersley. She is a member of Flood,  my daughter's church in San Diego.  Leeana shares how God touched her life during a year in Bahrain on one beautifully crafted page after another. Oh, I hated putting down her beautiful memoir; I felt like I had found a kindred spirit.

Just to tease you, here are two of my favorite quotes from  Found Art:


"The layers of numbness began dying a slow death that day. In their place sparkled an inkling of desire. And desire, as we all know, is the most scandalous freedom there is."


"Great power resides in a voice that sings for no audience and searches for no approval, and yet owns the depth and breadth and passion it has been given."


Leeana's book was found art for me.

No comments: