Friday, January 15, 2010

Carnage

“Lord, You know the hopes of humble people. Surely, You will hear their cries and comfort their hearts by helping them.” (Psalm 10:17)

I planned a light-hearted post this week, but in light of such tragedy, I offer a raw, unedited rambling of thoughts and emotions.
Why post at all?
I've opened my checkbook...I've offered my prayers...but I need to put pen to paper, hoping to wrap my mind and heart around such devastation, such sorrow in our world. Heroes racing against the clock to save lives in shattered Haiti, survivors mourning massive loss, family members waiting in fear while on the homefront my young friends face agonizing medical decisions regarding the fight for their little Kate, their lives frozen as they battle an aggressive brain tumor.
Human carnage all around us...the nurse in me dying to do something, anything that brings healing...intercession my only offering.
Horrifying images, deep sadness, honest questions rob me of words. Only cries and tears spill at the altar.
This I know. God hears our moaning, our wailing and He responds.
We must abide in His decisions for He knows what we can never comprehend.
We wait, we utter, we hope.
"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." Revelation 21:4
This truth I know.

No comments: