“Because someday all you’re going to care about is telling Jesus stories.” Dallas Jenkins

Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Welcome Back

 


It’s been a year since I’ve added to this platform. This blog has always been for an audience of ONE. I’ve used the usual social media to scratch some ordinary thoughts, but after some nefarious activity on my accounts, I no longer trust that avenue. A few friends have asked me to share my writing, so if that is you, I will do my best to keep it short and real.

This was the last photo I posted before my fore-mentioned account was stolen. I saw the long arduous road ahead, but was trusting God to guide me down it. Within hours of posting, life  changed, and I was completely dependent on Him, clinging for dear life!

The nefarious actors tried to change my identity to a money-hungry woman, peddling prosperity gospel. This post signals they were unsuccessful, so let’s get back to Truth. 

Some random thoughts to begin. I’m learning a lot about my real identity after being badly shaken.  The removal of social media  and my utilities cut off for a week due to Hurricane Beryl left me alone and lonely. A few questioned my motives after reading some of the posts added by my impostor; I felt broken and misunderstood.  To whom do you turn when your identity is being questioned? To the Maker who formed you, of course!

During the silent hours, God reminded me of exactly who I am in Him.

I am seen.  

I am deeply loved.  

I am chosen.

I am pursued.

I am fully known by an all-knowing Father.

I am a new creation.

I am His.

I am redeemed. 

I am forgiven. 

I am secured. 

I will never be forsaken!

The only scarlet I wear is the blood of my Jesus.

And there’s still a lifetime of identity to discover; what would you add?




No comments: