Thursday, June 29, 2023

Bill’s wisdom

After 10 years, I am rereading Rob’s Caring Bridge site. There’s so much I’ve forgotten, a journey that deserves another trip. 

This entry speaks volumes to me. 


Journal Entry by Robin Moore — June 29, 2013


Rob asked me earlier this week how I thought he should  live out this devastating diagnosis. He wasn't talking about cures or drug therapies; he was really addressing the spiritual journey ahead of him. I've been chewing on this ever since. 

Today I visited my former dentist's CaringBridge site and his two year anniversary entry provided powerful wisdom. He suffered a freak fall, breaking his neck at C-3 and sustaining a severe injury. 

He writes: “Dear friends, since today is the two year anniversary of my injury, I have been reflecting on all that has happened during the past twenty-four months….Throughout my roller coaster recovery, God has used me miraculously for His purposes.  Presently, I am leading a nurse to begin reading the New Testament, and today one of our ministers asked me to give my testimony for a large men's group at our church.  Even though I am one year behind where I had hoped to be physically, I have joy knowing that I am bearing fruit spiritually.”

So I offer Bill’s wisdom. 

"How do I live out this terrible diagnosis?"  Continue to bear fruit.

Robin


And after ten years, I would only add Jesus’s wise directive which brings forth such fruit: remain.

 Remain in Me. Hold on tight!




Jeremiah 17:7-8

"But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD,

whose confidence is in him.

They will be like a tree planted by the water

that sends out its roots by the stream.

It does not fear when heat come;

its leaves are always green.

It has no worries in a year of drought

and never fails to bear fruit."


John 15:5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.






No comments: